Just as your hair, Daughter Depot hair requires maintenance. Following this guide will keep your bundles up for approx. 1-3 years.
- Always comb the hair from bottom to top to avoid pressure on your wefts. & do this everytime before a wash. Brushing your hair prior, removes all tangles and knots in the extensions.
- ANYTIME you bleach your hair, it will become fragile and easier to break off due to the hair bonds being broken. Bleached hair will require REGULAR hydration of argan oil with a weekly wash using hydrating shampoo and conditioner to match.
- Use good quality shampoo and conditioning products just as you would on your own. Please treat this hair as if it is yours.
- I recommend using a deep conditioner on your virgin hair once per week, but avoid using oil or heavy styling products.
- Conditioning your hair is very important to keep it soft and manageable. (using shampoos without sulfates will prevent damage to the hair. )
- Using hair clips at night will maintain your curls and limit the amount of heat you have to use on your hair daily. this will prevent heat damage to the hair.
- Avoid sleeping on wet hair. Wet hair will begin to matte. Once hair is matted, it will become very difficult to keep up with your hair.
- CURLS FOR THE GIRLS: when maintaining wavy or curly textured extensions, you should apply a curl defining/curl control cream while the hair is wet & let the hair air dry.
Doing so will stop the hair from frizzing while locking in the wave or curl pattern in the extensions. (To avoid the weigh down of your hair extensions, only apply curl defining/ curl control cream, 3-4xs a week. Be careful, you don’t want to over condition the hair. For other days, water works just fine!!!!